- New rules introduced by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) for booking railways tickets . Minister of State of Railways Rajen Gohain in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha recently stated that the government has taken measure on online ticket reservation system, including the Tatkal scheme. For instance, advance reservations can be made up to 120 days in advance, excluding the date of journey at the train originating station.
Indian Railways has introduced premium trains with dynamic ticket pricing on IRCTC .Premium special train is being introduced from Railway with dynamic fare pricing. Dynamic fare stands for the fare component which may be increased with the subsequent bookings.
Here are the Salient Features of Premium Special Train on Dynamic Pricing posted by irctc
Premium special train is being introduced from Railway with dynamic fare pricing.
• Dynamic fare stands for the fare component which may be increased with the subsequent bookings.
• Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of this train will be a maximum of 15 days.
• Agents will not be allowed to book tickets in these trains.
• Dynamic fare shall be charged for confirm as well as RAC passengers.
• Waitlist Ticket Booking is not allowed in this train.
• Upgradation option shall not be applicable in this train.
• Modification is not allowed.
• Only E-tickets will be permitted for booking.
• I-ticket Booking is not allowed in this train.
• E-ticket booking is allowed in General Quota only.
• Tatkal/ Ladies/Other Quota tickets cannot be booked in this train.
• No concession shall be applicable in this train.
• Identity card number of the prescribed proof of identity is required at the time of booking. At least
one passenger should travel with his/her ID card in original which was used at the time of booking.
• Vacant berths left at the time of charting will be offered for current booking at current booking
counters of train originating stations.
• Cancellation is not allowed. However, ticket can be cancelled only if the train is cancelled.
• Dynamic Fare along with Total fare will be displayed after filling Reservation form. Users must ensure
the Fare and Journey Details before proceeding for payment.
IRCTC introduces a lucky draw for users/passengers who pre-verify themselves by linking their Aadhaar number with their registered IRCTC User ID for booking Railway tickets. The Users will be eligible for the ‘Lucky draw scheme’ whose journey commences in the calendar month of that lucky draw scheme.In the Second week of the following month, five (5) lucky users will be selected through a computerized random lucky draw process and Lucky winners will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- each in addition to the cash back of full train fare. Scheme starts from 01.12.2017 and will continue for 6 months.
First draw will be drawn in first week of January 2018.
Terms and Conditions
IRCTC registered users who have authenticated themselves with AADHAAR KYC and booked at least one PNR and whose journey commences in the calendar month of that lucky draw scheme will be eligible for Lucky Draw Scheme for that particular month.
Eligible AADHAAR authenticated user also has to travel or commence their Journey after booking of the e-ticket in the calendar month of that lucky draw scheme.
Only those booked PNRs of AADHAAR authenticated users will be eligible for ‘Lucky draw scheme’ wherein Profile Name of user is matching with one of the Passenger Names on the booked PNR.
Cancelled and TDR filed PNRs for non-travellers will not be eligible for the Lucky Draw scheme.
In case more than one PNR of same user gets selected then only one PNR of the user will be considered for the Lucky Draw in the calendar month of that lucky draw scheme i.e., One user will get only One cash prize award. However, the same user will be eligible for Lucky Draw in any other following month.
Lucky winners will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- each along with refund of full train fare of the selected ticket (PNR) after the complete verification process to be done by IRCTC.
Every month Five (5) computerized randomly picked lucky PNRs among eligible PNRs will be selected for the Lucky Draw cash prize award.
The Names of Lucky Draw winners will be displayed on IRCTC website in the First week of the following month after verification of user details like mobile no, email, user id etc. of winners.
Winners will also be informed by IRCTC on their registered email ID & mobile
The lucky draw scheme is for six (6) months only w.e.f. 01.12.2017.
IRCTC reserves the right to disqualify any IRCTC user(s) from the benefits of this offer without assigning any reason to it.
IRCTC also reserves the right to discontinue this offer without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever.
Terms and Conditions of the Lucky Draw Scheme for AADHAAR authenticated users and passengers may be modified by IRCTC in future with due notice.
Employees of IRCTC & CRIS will not be eligible for “Lucky Draw Scheme for AADHAAR authenticated users and passengers”.
PMK cadre electrocuted with high voltage electric wire when he climbed on top of an electric locomotive during protest at Tindivanam railway station.
Protesting PMK cadre electrocuted. Unnecessary, stupid act. @Shiva_Tweeets @PratibaRaman @Priyan_reports @sivaramanpraba @Iamtssudhir @Vignesh_twitz @sjeeva26 @Ahmedshabbir20 @shakti_strength @The_Abinesh @draramadoss pic.twitter.com/zE7hnlaOFx
— Pramod Madhav (@madhavpramod1) April 11, 2018
Another worker walking ahead of him critically injured.
The Indian Railways has revealed that it will empower travelers to change their confirmed tickets to another person if they are not travelling.
The guidelines say that a person can transfer the confirmed ticket to another family member be it the father, mother, sibling, children or spouse. The person would need to make a written request 24 hours prior the scheduled departure.The request will be yielded just once.
A declaration by the railways expressed, “Chief Reservation Officers of important stations are authorized by Railway Administration to permit the change of name of a passenger having a seat or berth reserved in his name.”
For students , NCC cadets , marriage party these transfer requests over 10% per cent of the group’s strength would not be granted.